Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Christmas Project

We did our Christmas project today.  We've done one every year since the kids were little so it's going on twenty years of projects now.  It gets harder and harder for me to think of new ideas for the project, so when Marlayna suggested clay that could be oven-baked, I was all for it.  Plus, it was a nod to the pottery class she and I took in the fall so that was nice, too.  I had no idea what to expect going in, but our pieces turned out surprisingly well.  Marlayna's are usually the best (she's the artist in the family), and Morgan's are usually the most unique (that pretty much sums up Morgan!), but we all have a blast doing it.  There's lots of joking, laughter, and memories going around the table.  My favorite part, without a doubt, is just having my family together.  It's more and more difficult as they have their own lives now, but we all make the effort to come together for this, and I love them for it.  I found God today in the blessing of being able to do another Christmas project with my precious loved ones.

Our Masterpieces!!



No comments:

Post a Comment