Monday, December 17, 2012

Early Christmas Gift

It's officially holiday crunch time for me.  This last week before Christmas is when I do the bulk of the baking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc., along with all of my normal day-to-day chores.  I was running around non-stop today, checking items off my list and continually adding new ones; my mind always on the next thing to do.  Then the doorbell rang, and all I could think was, "What now?".  I went to the door and saw a couple of packages.  My first thought was that it was gifts that I had ordered that would need to be wrapped.  But no... it was a gift for me and Jeff from his aunt.  Wow, what perfect timing.  I'm always spouting off about how Christmas is about more than gifts, and I truly believe that.  I try to put more focus on family time than presents.  But getting that gift at just that time today made me realize that we were thought of.  That's really the best part of getting a gift or a card - realizing that someone took some time out of their day and thought of you.  I needed that little nudge to remind me why I do all of this.  Today, I found God in an early Christmas gift that showed up at just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment