Monday, December 31, 2012

Steamed Shrimp

Several years ago, my dad started getting shrimp for New Year's and steaming them.  We had never done it before then, but now it's become a tradition.  My sister is in town with her boys, so she steamed the shrimp for today, and it was amazing!!  I love the Outer Banks, and I would never want to move back to Maryland, but no one can do seafood like Marylanders - at least, not in my opinion.  Maybe it's just because that's what I grew up on, but nothing is better than crabs or shrimp steamed with Old Bay seasoning.  Not just spread on top afterwards, actually steamed with it.  It makes all the difference in the world.  So now that I've gone on and on about Maryland steamed shrimp, can you guess where I found God today?  Yep, it was in that amazing shrimp steamed Maryland style by my sister.  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment