Thursday, December 13, 2012

Run, Run, Rudolph

We had some family issues to deal with today, and they were causing a fair amount of stress.  We got everything sorted out, but I was left feeling pretty drained.  I wanted to de-stress so I decided to bake cookies and listen to Christmas music.  I had downloaded some new songs just last night but hadn't had a chance to listen to them.  I started up the new playlist, and the first song to play was "Run, Run, Rudolph" by Dwight Yoakam.  What a fun song!  It lifted my spirits immensely, and the lively beat even had me dancing around the kitchen while I was pulling out ingredients for the cookies.  I can't understand half the words, but I don't care - it made me happy.  It's amazing how music can affect our mood.  That upbeat Christmas song turned my frown upside-down, and today I found God in it's lively, mood-changing melody.

(This live version is the only one I could find to link to.  It's not as good as the original, but you'll get the idea if you care to listen to it.)

Run, Run, Rudolph by Dwight Yoakam

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Run, Run, Rudolf with the country beat -- I remember Chuck Berry and Lynyrd Shynyrd versions and as Duke Ellington said, "There are only two kinds of music- good and bad."

    ReplyDelete