Monday, December 24, 2012

Beautiful Day

We had our Christmas Eve get-together with my family today.  My mom always made Christmas Eve the big "food" day, and I've continued in that tradition.  I make a ton of food, and my sister brings a ton of food.  We always overdo it, but that's part of what makes it fun.  Treating ourselves special with all of these extravagant goodies is a gift to ourselves and our family.   Jeff and I started the day with a walk in the early morning.  It was quiet, cool, and beautiful.  Then we finished up the food preparations, my family came over, and we talked, laughed, and ate a lot of that wonderful food.  Now it's quiet again.  The clean-up is done, the Christmas lights are twinkling, and I'm basking in the glow of an awesome Christmas Eve.  I found God in this whole beautiful day.






No comments:

Post a Comment