Friday, December 7, 2012

Self-Stick Envelopes

I decided to do my Christmas cards today, and I've streamlined the process pretty well over the years.  I keep my addresses updated and print them out on labels; I also print out our return labels.  I sign them all by hand, but I don't mind that part - it makes me feel more connected to whoever I'm sending to.  But the part I hate is sealing the envelopes!  I don't want to lick them - yuck!  I've tried using a sponge, and that works okay, but it can be messy.  So today I opened my new pack of Christmas cards, signed them, put the first label on, turned it over to seal it and... Woohoo!!  They were self-stick!  I had no idea when I bought them.  You would think more Christmas card manufacturers would have caught on to this newfangled trend by now, but this is the first time I've ever seen a self-adhesive Christmas card envelope.  It just totally made my day to be able to rip off that little strip of paper and stick those babies closed.  It really is the little things.  Today I found God in those amazingly convenient self-stick envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment