Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Contentment

It was raining this morning so I couldn't go for my walk.  I was planning to do Christmas baking today, but since I had a little extra time, I decided to sit with a cup of tea before I started.  The Christmas tree was lit up, the rain was pouring down, and I was lucky enough to be cozy inside with my hot tea.  You know those moments when you feel totally centered and content?  It almost feels like time stands still for a few minutes, and in that stillness, you're just completely aware.  Aware of your blessings, aware of God, and just totally "there" in the moment.  I was blessed to experience that today watching the rain fall outside the window behind our beautiful, glowing Christmas tree.  God found me there in that moment today.


No comments:

Post a Comment