Saturday, December 29, 2012

Faux "Feta"

Being Greek, I grew up with feta.  We had other Greek cheeses, too, but feta is the one we use the most in cooking in addition to eating it plain with Greek olives.  It's now the cheese I miss the most since I can't eat dairy anymore.  Recently, I found a recipe to make faux "feta" from tofu.  Needless to say, I was very skeptical.  But I gave it a try, and guess what?  It's pretty good!  I'm not going to claim it's an exact replacement for feta, but in salads, it comes pretty darn close.  In fact, Jeff liked it so much that he ate more of it than I did!  I'm going to try it in some recipes next and hope for good results.  In the meantime, my Greek salad finally tastes like it should.  Yay!!  Today, I found God in my faux feta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment