Saturday, December 15, 2012

God's Light

It's the day after and I feel I should be doing something, but I don't know what to do.  Does anyone?  On my walk this morning, I prayed.  I prayed fervently for all who were lost, and all who were suffering.  I willed my heart to go out and find them, and let them know how I hurt for them.  How so many of us hurt for them and are grieving with them and praying for them.  There was a light fog hanging about and it seemed to match the pall hanging over the day.  But there was also a brief colorful sunrise shooting bright pink and orange streaks across the sky.  There were some Christmas lights shining, and candles glowing in windows.  And I thought how the light always comes through.  People have always lit candles for the lost.  I saw where someone suggested turning on porch lights to show their sorrow and offer support.  We turn to the light in our darkest hours, and surely yesterday was one of our darkest hours.  God is in that light.  God is the light.  And all we can do is try to reflect it in an effort to light up the dark.  I found Him today in the light all around me from sunrise to candles, from porch lights to Christmas lights, and I pray for His help to reflect it.



No comments:

Post a Comment