Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Greek Chicken

My mom was an amazing cook before she got dementia. She was from South Carolina so she made awesome southern food, but when she met my Greek dad she learned how to cook Greek food as good if not better than the Greek side of my family. But it's been many years since she's cooked anything so I mostly only get Greek food when I cook it myself. Well, the last time my mother-in-law visited I made Greek chicken with potatoes and lima beans. She loved it and asked for the recipe. So after a long, wet drive today, we arrived at my in-laws and a dinner of that Greek chicken. It was amazing!! It wasn't just that it tasted so good, it was having homemade Greek food again made by someone other than me. My mother-in-law is a great cook, too, so I'm blessed that I have her to cook for me sometimes when my own mom can't. Today, I found God in that awesome homemade Greek chicken dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment