Friday, December 14, 2012

Love

Where do you find God on a day like today?  Where do you find Him in the midst of such horror and senseless death?  I can't begin to imagine what the victims went through, or what their families are going through now.  I have no words, and anything I write seems so trivial.  But as I read through some of the accounts of the incident, and then through postings and comments that people were making, I realized that God was there.  He was there in every bowed head, in every prayer said, in every thought sent.  He was there in every tear shed.  He was there in the massive outpouring of love sent to the victims and their families.  I found Him today not in the horror, but in the heartfelt response to that horror which comes from the love we have for each other.  That's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment