Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Wind Chime

I was sitting here reflecting on my day and trying to figure out where I had found God.  I closed my eyes and prayed.  Meditated.  Shut out the outside world and looked inward... or tried to.  Just as I was whispering, "Lord, help me to find you..." CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!!!  It startled me out of my peace, and in the split second before I got annoyed I realized it came at the exact moment of my prayer.  There He was.  In that beautiful warm wind ringing that chime for all it was worth.  We have several wind chimes.  Most of them don't take much of a breeze to get them going.  But this one in particular looks and sounds like a buoy.  It takes a strong breeze blowing in just the right direction to make it ring, and it doesn't happen very often.  It left no doubt that He had heard my prayer.  And that is where He found me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment