Monday, March 12, 2012

Clearing the Clutter

I collect recipes like crazy!  I have so many there's no way I could ever cook my way through them.  But I can't seem to stop myself - at least, not completely.  I'm better than I used to be, but there's still room for improvement.  My worst habit is tearing pages out of magazines and saving them because some recipe just looks so good!  I try to stay on top of them by filing them in folders and notebooks, but I have too many.  I end up with such a big stack of magazine pages that it's just too daunting to even bother trying to go through them.  But today I did.  I spent a good part of the day sorting through them and tossing the ones I know I'll never get to.  And hopefully, I'll actually try some of the ones I saved and not just file them away to be forgotten.  But the point is it felt so good to clear away that clutter!  Dumping all those excess pages into the recycling bin really made me happy, and that is where I found God today.

1 comment:

  1. You need to talk with Pat about this as a way of finding God-- neat entry

    ReplyDelete