Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Strength

I haven't been feeling well all day.  I think it's some kind of bug, or maybe allergies.  There have been clouds of pollen blowing around all day!  I still had quite a lot to do today, though.  Mostly small stuff, but I wondered where I'd find the strength when I got started this morning.  I finally finished everything, but I still had my blog to write.  I was thinking through my day wondering where I had found God when it had been all I could do to get through the day.  And then it hit me - He is where I found the energy to keep going.  The Holy Eucharist says "Deliver us from the presumption of coming to this Table for solace only, and not for strength..."  And I realized that's what I usually do - look at my day and see where God has provided me solace.  Well, today I came for strength; and that is exactly where I found Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment