Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Welcome

I've been going to our church for close to two years now, and yet today I felt welcomed by a newcomer.  This young man and his friend had never been to our church, but he walked in with his hand extended and a smile on his face as he introduced himself.  He said they were sprucing up his parents' home which was nearby and decided to come to the service.  Although clean-cut, they didn't look the type to make church a priority mainly just because they were young; it reminded me again not to go by appearances.  So many young people would have just chosen to sleep in especially after losing an hour to the time change.  It was refreshing to see someone of his age so eager to participate in our worship, and his enthusiasm was infectious.  I felt renewed by his energy.  Today I found God in a stranger who welcomed me into my own church.

2 comments:

  1. These two young men were grandsons of some retired people who first worked to create this church. In fact the grandfather's burial service was conducted in the building before the walls were put up. Somebody taught them how to love and they returned the love to God yesterday and to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They most certainly did. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete