Friday, March 23, 2012

Cross-Stitch

I picked up my cross-stitch today after being away from it for several months.  For some reason, I just haven't been able to find the time to work on it.  But today I did, and it felt so good to have it in my hands again.  The rhythmic movement of the needle, and the soft shushing sound of the thread sliding through the fabric is so soothing.  I'm sure it's the same with other hobbies.  You get into a zone when you focus in on what you're doing, and your mind settles into a restful place.  Plus, watching the picture slowly forming stitch by stitch is very satisfying.  It made me so happy to pick up where I left off; it was like meeting up with an old friend.  And that is where I found God today.  

1 comment:

  1. I love how descriptive this line from your blog is..."You get into a zone when you focus in on what you're doing, and your mind settles into a restful place." You captured it perfectly. For me it often happens when I do fairly simple routine tasks like cutting the lawn or vacuuming the pool. I never really thought about God being there at those times but I've come to feel that God is never more with us than when our mind is at peace.

    ReplyDelete