Sunday, March 25, 2012

Evelyne

One of my goals in writing this blog is to inspire others to find God in their everyday lives.  Sometimes I'm almost embarrassed to write about what I feel is going to seem insignificant to other people.  But I write it anyway, because I feel it's what God wants me to do.  In his sermon today, Father Tom spoke of weeding out our "wants" from God's "wants".  And that is why I struggle with writing about the small stuff.  Am I writing what God wants me to write about, or what I want to write about?  I do my best, and I think God is happy with that whether I'm hearing Him right or not.
But the other thing I wonder is am I spreading His word?  Am I really touching anyone - doing any good?  I have a handful a people who read this regularly - and from time to time, share their "God moments" with me - so I have to believe I am.  Today after the service, my friend, Evelyne, made me believe even more so.  She came up to me all excited and said, "I bet I know what you're going to write about," and she pointed to the gorgeous tree blooming outside the window.  Birds were flitting in and out of it - how could you not find God there?  And I did, but I found Him more somewhere else.  She was so enthusiastic about sharing with me that she got me excited too!  It rejuvenated my feelings about doing this.  She was inspired to share a "God moment" with me, and in doing so, she became one herself.  So thank you, Evelyne, for your enthusiasm and inspiration.  That is where I found God today.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I was thinking today that sometimes God shows us one of His creations so that we'll appreciate it, like a beautiful sunrise or a rough ocean. But sometimes, like when we see the kindness in another human being, or when we see a close friendship like the one between three nice women at my church who call themselves the Three Musketeers, I think He's actually showing us Himself. It's a funny thing...God created us and then gave us the ability to create Him right back...in our loves, in our friendships, and in our fellowships.

    ReplyDelete