Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Cashier

There are a lot of nice people in the world.  But every now and then someone stands out.  I think we all have our moments when we stand out.  Whether it's a combination of events or feelings, I think we each have times when we are special - when we are noticed by someone else.  It's as if God points his finger and says, "Today, you are going to make a difference to someone."  Well, today it was the cashier at Harris Teeter.  We had to make a quick run in for just a couple things and his was the only register open.  He said he was new, and though efficient, he wasn't hurried.  He smiled and was pleasant as are most of the employees there.  But he had something about him - an openness, a welcoming nature... I can't really put my finger on it.  But we both left feeling uplifted.  God pointed at that young man today, and that is where I found Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment