Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thin Place

We had our Healing Team meeting today, and I always get new insights to God there.  We have a book that we read from, but I never seem to get much out of it on my own.  However, listening to the others opens my eyes.  Today in particular, Pat said she thought we lived in a "thin place".  I agree. I feel closer to God in these surroundings and in this community than I ever have before.  But I also think we create a "thin place" with our discussions.  Suddenly, something that was too clouded or too "thick" for me to see is clearer.  And I think it's because of the insights of the wonderful people around me.  I thank God for them and for their insights; for creating a "thin place" which brings me closer to Him - for it is there that I found Him today.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting concept...that there are places in the world where we are closer to God and the world of the eternal. Maybe then there are also places where we're further away. Maybe sometimes that's why people are hurting and they don't even realize it. And maybe the concept holds true not just for our physical world but for the inner world of our mind. I sometimes think there are places I go in my own mind where God is further away, and possibly something or someone dark is closer. Normally one's instinct for survival would help them come back from there, but when anger or sadness or confusion led us there in the first place we don't always see the way out. I've started to use prayer and meditation to help me find my way back and I think it has helped. I think God gave us those tools for that purpose. Like GPS in a car. To help us find our way back to the thin place.

    ReplyDelete