Monday, March 19, 2012

Dinner

Is it wrong to find God in dinner?  I think not.  He has provided us with such an abundance of foods and spices, and I have always been grateful to have enough.  But I'm also grateful for our food being so delicious.  How could we not find His blessings in that?
We had pork tenderloin for dinner today, and I was worried that I had overcooked it.  But I hadn't.  When I took my first bite it was so meltingly tender, and it was seasoned so perfectly that I just closed my eyes and sighed... But just for a second, then I dug in!  As a friend of mine used to say "If I'd had a third hand, I'd have choked myself!"  It was in that amazing food that God blessed us with that I found Him today.

1 comment:

  1. I found God today in letting go. I have many negative thoughts and feelings that I can't seem to let go of. I can't do anything to make them go away. They eat me up inside. So why can't I just let them go. Why can't I do like the senenity prayer says and "have the senerity to accept the things I cannot change". Well, I don't know why I can't do that, but every now and then I can do it temporarily. Very temporarily. And in that brief moment when I've achieved even just a very brief reprieve from these things I'm sure I'm feeling God. It gives me hope that someday I might be able to master it. I sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete