Thursday, March 8, 2012

Glorious Wind

What a gorgeous day!  Warm, sunny, breezy - well, a little more than just a breeze.  When I walk my block, it's always more windy on one side than the other depending on the direction of the wind.  Since it was in the 70's I was in short sleeves, but I was still pretty warm by the time I got around to the last stretch of my walk.  What had been a light breeze on the other side of the block was a strong wind on my side, and it hit me full force as I came over the hill at the end of my street.  It felt amazing!  I stretched out my arms and just let it blow through me.  If I had wings, I think it would have carried me into the sky!  I closed my eyes and smiled as this glorious wind rushed past - and that is where I found God today.

1 comment:

  1. Today I found out that my former brother-in-law died. He had been battling cancer, just like so many people these days. I didn't see him much after he and my sister divorced, but I've always had fond memories of the time he was in our lives. He wasn't perfect, as none of us mere mortals are, but he always seemed to make a genuine effort to make those around him feel important and liked. He also fathered two wonderful boys and an equally wonderful girl. Thank you Greg for being a part of my life, however brief, and thank you God for giving him the time that you did. Please take care of him now.

    ReplyDelete