Friday, March 30, 2012

Devotionals

Two of the devotionals I read today had the same theme.  One talked about not just sitting around and waiting for God to show up in your life.  The second was that if you're not feeling Him, it's because you've moved or changed in some way because God is constant.  Basically, they're both saying if you actively look for God, you will find Him.  It's funny, because on our walk this morning I was telling Jeff that it was starting to get difficult to write this blog (I say that quite often!); that I was worried I wouldn't be able to complete the year of daily writing that I've tasked myself with.  I said this to him before I had read these writings.  Until today I hadn't come across the same theme in these two particular devotionals.  I think it was God telling me to dig a little deeper.  And that difficult or not, if I look hard enough I will find Him - every day.  It may just be that I have to look in a different place, or in a different way.  Because He is constant even when I'm not.  I found God today in the message He sent me through my devotionals.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is harder to find God when you are conscientiously looking. I find that I find God the easiest when I am quiet and settled and just listen. I think that your Blog is admirable and I can understand it being difficult to do each day. Because of your blog, I too am trying to be closer to God and find him every day. Thank you for that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. Thank you for sharing - it's so helpful to get another perspective. And it feels good to know that my blog may be helpful in some small way. It's a very kind thing to say.

      Delete