Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blackberry Cobbler

Jeff and our son, Morgan, left for a business trip today.  Morgan lives in Maryland so I don't see him often, but since he works with Jeff I get to send stuff up to him once in a while.  Morgan is fasting for Lent the Greek Orthodox way - no meat (including eggs) and no dairy until Easter.  It's hard to find things to eat with no meat and no dairy - especially when you're traveling.  So I decided to bake one of his favorite things for Jeff to take to him - blackberry cobbler.  It just so happens the recipe I use has no eggs and since I can't eat dairy anyway, I've already adapted it for that.  So after church, I came home and got to work measuring, mixing...  And as I was dropping in the blackberries a contentment came over me.  It felt so good to be doing the "Mom" thing for my boy (even though he's a man now!); especially at a time when I know he can really use it.  And that is where I found God today - being Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for seeing God in the little tasks of love we do in our families

    ReplyDelete