Friday, November 9, 2012

Wordless Prayer

I read a devotional by Rick Warren on a regular basis, and today he was talking about slowing down our busy lives enough to hear God.  Obviously, we all want to hear God, but in Mr. Warren's words, "We say, 'Lord, speak to me but do it quickly.'"  I know I do that quite often, especially here lately when it seems I've been busier than ever.  So today I was determined to slow down.  I decided to do some yoga.  I don't do it nearly enough which is a shame because you have to slow down to do yoga.  I thought I'd go through my moves, and then be relaxed enough to sit and meditate and listen for God.  But what I found was that the moves themselves were like a prayer.  I have a regular routine that I go through, and the slow, steady moves, the stretches, the breathing - it all became a prayer to God.  My body was saying what my mind so often can't find the words for.  Using the temple of my body, I prayed wordlessly, and that is where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment