Friday, November 16, 2012

The White Feather

Today was the first day of "Holly Days" - a two day Christmas bazaar that our church does every year. Jeff and I are helping out tomorrow, but he had to work today so I walked up to look around for a while.  (Our church is right up the street so it's not a very long walk.)  I talked to a lot of people (very talented people!), saw a lot of really cool stuff, and then headed home.  As I was walking down the street, I noticed something small and white circling in the road up ahead.  I didn't have my glasses on so I had to get right up on it to see what it was.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  It was a small white feather skating across the surface of a puddle of water in the road.  It was tilted up on its side and somehow the wind was causing it to circle around and around.  It didn't blow away, it didn't tip over, and it didn't sink.  It looked like a magic trick!  Actually, it looked like one of those children's novelty toys where the little magnetized people skate around on a mirror meant to look like a pond.  But there were no magnets, no mirrors, nothing up any sleeves - just another of God's little wonders.  I stood there watching it for a few minutes, entranced and delighted.  I seem to have a trend going with feathers lately, because I found God in that pure white feather performing magic on a puddle of water in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment