Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Angel Face

I know  a lot of people actually enjoy yardwork, but I doubt there are many adults that enjoy it as much as children do.  I was on my way back from voting and drove past a mom and her young daughter working in the yard.  The little girl - who couldn't have been more than three or four years old - had a small rake in her hand, and just as I went past, she turned to run toward her mom.  I can still clearly see her adorable little face lit up with pure joy.  I guess she had just finished whatever task she'd been given, because she had a look of accomplishment about her.  One of those "Look what I did!" expressions that lights up a kid's face with such pride.  It was a cloudy day, but that child's face beamed straight at me like a ray of sunshine; it filled me up so that I actually caught my breath and laughed out loud.  I found God today in the sweet angel face of a child beaming from a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment