Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Needle and Thread

I bought a pair of pants recently that I love, but they were just too long.  (I never used to have that problem - either they're making pants longer or I'm shrinking!)  I have a sewing machine and I used to sew from time to time, but I haven't gotten it out in years.  So I went about hemming my pants the old-fashioned way - with a needle and thread.  It took me about an hour so I had a lot of time to think.  And I thought about how back in the old days women used to have to sew everything this way.  I just can't imagine the time and the work involved in that.  Needless to say, we've got it easier these days, but it felt good to know I could still sew by hand when I need to.  Okay, maybe "sewing" is stretching it; but I can at least hem pants!  Anyway, I was very happy when I was done - both with myself and with the pants.  I found God today in the good old-fashioned needle and thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment