Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Playful Moment

It was fairly warm when I left for the grocery store early this morning, but it was definitely cooling off by the time I headed home.  The sky had clouded over, the wind was picking up, and just as I rounded a bend in the road, a shower of autumn leaves came raining down over my car.  It startled me because it was so unexpected, and I laughed at myself over the surprise it gave me.  It was beautiful, but more than that, it was playful and fun.  God can instill those qualities in even the most mundane task.  If He has a sense of humor, (and I believe He does) then He probably got quite a chuckle at the start He gave me over those tumbling, swirling leaves.  I found God today in the playful moment He threw into my ordinary morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment