Monday, November 19, 2012

Successful Search

What a hectic day!  Jeff and I both hit the ground running and haven't stopped.  One of the many chores I had to do today was to run down to the Charter office in Nags Head and switch out our cable box.  I had called ahead to make sure the new box would be compatible with everything we had and they assured me it would.  Well it was compatible with our tv, but not with our tivo.  We needed one more cable.  We've had this tivo box for about seven years now so we were trying to hook up old stuff with new stuff - you know how it is.  So I dug out the tivo instructions, figured out that the cable we needed had been included with everything else seven years ago, and the hunt was on.  I don't know about you, but I save almost all the various cables that come with stuff because you never know when you're going to need them.  I went digging through a huge tangle of cables that I've saved but to no avail.  I looked everywhere I might have put it and nothing.  Finally I noticed something way back on a shelf in the laundry room - I don't know why I would have put it there - and lo and behold, there it was!  Woohoo!!  We hooked it up and everything worked perfectly!  Out of all the craziness today, finding that cable was a huge bright spot.  Things stayed hectic for a while after that, but the elation I felt from finding something I was searching for stayed with me.  It's the little things that carry us through, and I found God today in my successful search for that cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment