Sunday, November 4, 2012

Psalm 121

One of my devotionals today referred to Psalm 121.  I've read it many times before, but for some reason today it really struck me.  Maybe because I've been feeling both overwhelmed, and "under-energized". (I know that's not a real word, but it fits how I feel!)   These lines specifically, "I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth... he who keeps you will not slumber."  How those words lift my spirits!  To know that my "help" is always there when I need it.  A little while after I read the psalm, Jeff and I drove out to look at the ocean. It had just barely started to sprinkle rain, and the words, "...the Lord, who made heaven and earth...he who keeps you will not slumber" seemed particularly appropriate for the scene in front of us.  I found God today in Psalm 121 - in both the spiritual and physical sense.







No comments:

Post a Comment