Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Stillness

It was another crazy day.  We're going to Maryland for Thanksgiving, so I'm packing, making food to take up, and just doing the usual running around.  Jeff had an appointment this afternoon, Marlayna is at work, and I finally quit moving and sat down to write my blog.  I took a deep breath to calm down and that's when I noticed it.  The stillness was palpable.  It was quiet, and the room was darkening so all the sharp edges were blurred in the greying light.  The whole atmosphere in the room felt soft and peaceful.  It only takes a moment.  When you stop, and breathe, and let God in, peace will fill you if you let it.  What a blessing.  Psalm 46:10 says "Be still, and know that I am God." Oh, yes. I found Him today in that stillness that I could almost touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment