Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Pink Fuzzy Hat

I had to stop by Betsy's house this morning, and there was a couple getting ready to leave just as I was coming in.  The woman (I can't remember her name - I'm so bad with names!) had on the cutest bright pink, fuzzy hat.  And I mean fuzzy - almost to the point of furry.  I just loved it!  I wanted to tell her but we had some confusion as I was parked behind them, and they were leaving, and I was rushing...  So I never got to say anything.  It's the type of thing I would have never worn a few years ago, but as I've gotten older, I've decided to loosen up and have a little more fun with clothing, accessories, hairstyles and whatnot.  I never really cared about fitting in, but I also didn't want to stand out in any particular way - or especially in an unusual way.  But now, I just don't care.  If I like something, I'm going for it.  Like the pink, fuzzy hat.  Maybe since I've learned to crochet, I can make myself one!  Today, I found God in that fun little hat that stood out like an exclamation point on an ordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment