Thursday, November 15, 2012

Colorful Grey Day

It's been overcast a lot lately, but on my walk today, I saw so many beautiful fall colors that couldn't be dimmed by the grey skies.  I know we don't get the broad sweeps of autumn color that they do up north, but it's definitely all around us in small doses - you just have to look for it.  And it seemed that the more I looked, the more I saw.  I took so many pictures of brilliantly colored leaves that I hadn't noticed before.  Granted, a lot of them are vines and weeds, but hey, so what?  God granted them beauty, too, in vibrant gold, purple, and red.  We can't all be gorgeous sugar maples, but we each have our own kind of beauty - our own vibrant color.  And isn't that the coolest thing?  That we can bring our own color to the world?  Altogether, the weeds, trees, grasses, etc. made for a very colorful grey day, and that is where I found God today.









No comments:

Post a Comment