Monday, October 1, 2012

Candlelight

It was cool, grey, and overcast this morning and was supposed to stay that way all day.  So I decided to light some candles for the first time this fall.  I just love candles.  I have several large candles and about 50 tealights scattered around.  When they're all lit, they actually raise the temperature in the room!  There have been times in the winter when we've had to open windows to cool it down because of all the tiny fires.  But I just love all those flickering little lights so it's always a special day when I light them for the first time.  I only lit a few today - it's not quite cold enough for all the extra heat!  But oh, how I enjoy looking at them.  I have a few that are mildly scented with vanilla and cinnamon, and what a wonderful fragrance they add to the room.  It's still overcast outside, but there's a warm glow inside from my first lit candles of the season.  I found God today in their golden, flickering light.


No comments:

Post a Comment