Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mallard Escapades

The Mallards are back.  We don't see much of them through the summer, but today the clan was back with their usual antics.  I heard them before I saw them, and when I went to the window to look, they were making their way out of the pond and up in to our yard.  They waddled around for a while, quacking and nibbling at whatever it is they nibble at in the grass, then continued their noisy way down the pond.  One little straggler was late for the party.  He walked around the grass where his friends had been, didn't seem to find anything, then finally swam away to catch up with the group.  It gives me such joy to watch and listen to them.  (I really wish I knew what they were saying to each other!)  I found God today watching the Mallard escapades in our back yard.














No comments:

Post a Comment