Saturday, October 27, 2012

Crocheting Again

Today I learned to crochet again.  My aunt first taught me when I was a teenager, and I crocheted several afghans up through my early twenties.  I only knew how to do one type of stitch at a time - nothing fancy - so I always did various types of afghans.  When I was expecting my first child - my son, Morgan - I started an afghan for him.  He was born before I completed it, and to this day (25 years later) it remains unfinished.  I had this lovely notion of crocheting while my babies slept and/or played alongside me.  I quickly found out motherhood is nothing like that. :)  I remained busy from then till now with a few breaks along the way, but for some reason I never got back to my crocheting.  Until now.  I happened to come across a video online and thought I'd try it out again.  I bought yarn and a crochet hook, and guess what?  It's like riding a bike!  I can do it!  I was so pleased with how easily I fell back into the rhythm of this wonderful craft.  I still have a few bugs to work out, but I love it.  It was so comforting working the yarn and watching my crochet fabric grow.  Re-learning an old craft that brought me so much enjoyment - that is where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment