Monday, October 15, 2012

Found It

I was looking for my chili recipe today and just couldn't find it anywhere!  I looked in the recipe book where I always keep it, but it wasn't there.  So I checked my other recipe books - I have several - and no luck.  Then I started checking all kinds of odd places and still no recipe.  Ahhh!! I was getting so frustrated!  Finally, I took a breath, calmed down, and went back to the first place I looked.  And guess what?  There it was!  I was in such a rush the first time that I went right past it.  I just needed to slow down, like I'm doing right now.  Today was one of those days when writing this blog started out feeling like one more chore added on to a long list, but when I slowed down enough to look for God, I felt a calming, a peace, and that's just what I needed.  Finding God in my day is a blessing, and I found Him today when I finally found that recipe, but also when I took the time to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment