Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Bird in the Window

During our church service today, Maureen gave a very inspirational talk on pastoral care.  She had just gotten started when a beautiful blue jay flew into the tree outside the big church window behind her.  He sat on one branch for a minute or two, then switched to another branch, almost as if he was trying to  find the best perch to listen from.  He seemed to be looking in the window at us all, though my eyes aren't the best so I can't be positive about that.  He sat on his second perch for a minute or two then flitted to another branch and finally flew away.  I was thinking to myself that it was as if God had sent that little bird, like he was watching over us, listening in, and enjoying the service, but I thought maybe I was reading more into it than I should have.  Then after the service, Jeff said to me, "Did you see the bird outside the window?  It was like God was checking in on us, and being satisfied, he moved on."  So I guess I wasn't the only one taken by the blue jay. :)  He made me smile inside and out.  Today, I found God, or perhaps more appropriately, He found all of us, through that beautiful bird in the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment