Monday, October 22, 2012

Yellow Leaves

We're visiting Williamsburg for a few days with my in-laws. I had parked our car at their campground and was waiting for them to maneuver into their space. My window was open, and I had my arm resting on the sill, and my chin resting on my arm as I watched Jeff help direct the camper into its spot. I was feeling very relaxed and almost sleepy as I watched these goings-on when suddenly a whirl of bright yellow leaves cascaded down all around us. It was enchanting! It definitely woke me from my stupor and I lifted my head and looked all around trying to take it all in. The cool breeze, the sun shining, the leaves falling - it was like an autumn wonderland. Though It was over in seconds, I found God in that brief moment of beauty when the yellow leaves rained from the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment