Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Salad Experiment

 We were just having leftovers for dinner today, but I wanted to add something fresh to the meal.  When I don't have anything specific in mind, I just search through my refrigerator and pantry and see what inspires me.  What I decided on today was a salad of chopped celery, mushrooms, olives, and capers with an olive oil and vinegar dressing spiced up with a little dill and oregano.  It sounded good so I mixed it all up and let it marinate for a little while.  When it was time to eat, I took a bite, and oh my goodness!  It was sooo good!!  There are plenty of times when I experiment and the results are... let's just say, less than stellar.  Not this time, baby!  Crunchy, salty, briny, yummy - that says it all.  Don't you love it when you try something new and it just works?  I found God today in the awesome taste sensation of my new salad experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment