Thursday, October 25, 2012

Great In-Laws

We're home from our three day trip to the Williamsburg area with my in-laws.  Jeff and I were staying at an inn in Yorktown, and his parents joined us there for breakfast this morning.  After the meal, it was time to head home, but Dad wanted to take a quick look at a house just a little way down the street that had a cannonball still stuck in the side of it.  I decided to join him while Jeff and his mom did some last-minute transfers between their vehicle and ours.  It was a cool, misty morning - great for our quick walk.  We got to the house, Dad took some pictures, and we headed back, chatting along the way.  He and I were laughing about some joke that I don't even remember when it struck me again how blessed I am to have such a great relationship with them.  They truly feel like "Mom and Dad" as much as my own parents do.  As I sat here thinking on where I found God today, I saw the scene from this morning -  Dad's face laughing along with me, and Mom up ahead waiting for us in the cool, soft grey light.  The blessing of great in-laws, great family... yes, that is where I found Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment