Thursday, October 18, 2012

Licking the Frosting

I've been feeling overwhelmed lately.  It seems as if the to-do list is never ending.  Today, one of the things on my list was to bake a cake.  I got it in the oven, did some stuff while it was baking, and then took it out to cool.  Finally, it was time to frost the cake.  I usually drop the frosting on in dots, and then smooth it around to connect them - it keeps the cake from crumbling on top.  I smoothed the frosting around, evened it out till I was satisfied, then almost without thinking I licked the spatula.  Yummm!!!  It's almost like I woke from a trance.  I went at that spatula like nobody's business - licked it totally clean.  Happy, happy, happy!  That's all I was thinking.  What's a to-do list when you've got frosting waiting to be licked?  It's absolutely one of life's little pleasures, and that's where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment