Friday, October 19, 2012

Renewed Appreciation

We were all bemoaning the fact that it's in the 70's today.  We're so ready for some cooler temperatures, but except for a day here and there, it seems fall weather is taking it's own sweet time.  The funny thing is, I used to dream of this kind of weather.  I hated being cold.  If I'm truly objective, I have to admit our temperatures here are pretty good.  Not too hot in the summer nor too cold in the winter.  But somehow that doesn't keep me from griping.  Then Marlayna mentioned that it was only 16 degrees in Fairbanks, AK where her boyfriend is stationed.  Well now, doesn't that just put things in perspective!!  So I changed my outlook.  I decided today's weather wasn't so bad after all, and when the cooler days come, I'll just appreciate them that much more.  I found God today in my renewed appreciation of our beautiful weather here on the Outer Banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment