Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Composing" a Storm

I sat down to write my blog and was looking out the window at the storm, praying and thinking on where I found God today.  We had had music playing for quite a while - a playlist of about 45 songs.  I was getting into my zone - watching the trees bend and sway in the strong winds with the rain pouring down, when I realized the piece that was playing was a perfect soundtrack for the storm.  It was right about the 2 minute mark, and the strings were as dramatic as the frantically waving trees.  It filled me with wonder that someone could "compose" a storm.  The piece ends as subtly as it begins, the storm has passed, and all is calm.  It was a dramatic moment, watching the storm outside coincide with the music inside where I was safe and warm, and it was in that moment that I found God today.

This is a link to the piece if you'd like to listen to it.

Primavera by Ludovico Einaudi


No comments:

Post a Comment