Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Web

On my walk this morning, I glanced toward the marsh and saw something suspended in mid-air.  I got closer and realized it was a large bug caught in an enormous web!  My eyes aren't very good so I couldn't tell what kind of bug it was, but this web had to stretch at least 12-15 feet from the marsh grasses up into the tree above.  How do they do it?  That poor bug didn't stand a chance.  (I can only imagine the size of the spider that made that web!)  Humans have built some amazing things, but we've got nothing on spiders.  They can construct these elaborate webs in what seems like no time at all and then take them down just as quickly.  Personally, I can't bear creepy, crawly things, but that doesn't dim my awe at what they're capable of.  Yet another of God's amazing creatures.  I found Him today in that gigantic awe-inspiring spider web.

No comments:

Post a Comment