Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Church Family

We had our first healing team meeting today after the summer break, and there were also several people at church who were working hard at landscaping and outdoor clean-up around the building and grounds.  As I was sitting here praying about where I found God in my day, I kept seeing all of their faces.  My church family.  I've never had one before.  I attended the Greek church in Maryland on a regular basis, but I never felt a connection to the people there the way I do here.  This church is such a special place filled with so many good people.  Just today, I got heartfelt encouraging words from Pat W., sincere praise on my blog from Tom S., validation from Father Ted... I could go on and on just about what was directed at me alone.  Then outside, those hard-working souls putting in so much time and effort for all of us.  And I haven't even touched on all they do for our congregation and community.  It fills me up and makes my heart swell with love.  I feel so blessed to have become a part of it and give thanks for it every day.  For whatever reason, it was brought home to me especially today how God is in us - in them. I found Him today in my very special church family.

1 comment:

  1. I don't see a "like" button on this mobile version, but I like this very much and relate to the oneness of soul friends.

    ReplyDelete