Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Eyes

My friend, Jean, is visiting for a few days.  We drove down to Manteo today, and as we were going over the big bridge, she exclaimed, "Oh my goodness!  It looks like we're heading right into the sky!"  I looked ahead, and she was right!  At a certain point on the bridge, you can't see anything up ahead, and it looks like you're driving into nothing but air.   I got such a kick out of driving up to it that I had to laugh.  Partly, because of the "illusion", but mostly because I've driven over that bridge so many times and never once saw it that way.  Seeing a familiar sight with new eyes - that's where I found God today.

1 comment:

  1. I am Tia's friend Jean and am having a wonderful time here! We couldn't see beyond the top of the bridge into Manteo or know what was on the other side. Faith in Jesus Christ reminds me of this 'not seeing beyond' the peak - as we don't know what is on the other side but we DO know through faith that Jesus is always there and waiting for us .... sometimes with very special surprises and blessings!

    ReplyDelete