Monday, September 24, 2012

Pre-Dawn Light

With the sun coming up later, I've been waking up while it's still dark.  This morning, I slept a little later and woke up just as the room was starting to lighten - probably only a couple of minutes past total darkness.  It was like an early morning twilight.  Our walls are a cream color, but the color in the room at that time was like a deep rose-grey.  I don't really know how best to describe it, other than if soft was a color, that would be it.  I felt such comfort.  I've read that this is the time when you're most likely to feel God's presence - just upon waking, still foggy with sleep.  And I did.  In that dim light, so still and silent, God was with me.  I felt His comforting presence as true as a soft blanket wrapped around me.  I found Him so surely today in the pre-dawn light of my silent room.

1 comment: