Saturday, September 22, 2012

Diamonds on the Water

Jeff and I drove down to the farmer's market in Manteo today.  It was a gorgeous day - cool, light breeze, and sunny.  We had a great time wandering around the tables, and I was thinking it would probably be the highlight of my day.  Close, but not quite.  As we crossed over the bridge on the way back, we were struck by the beauty of the sound.  The marsh around it was dark, the color of the water was a deep blue, and it was sparkling like no tomorrow.  It was like a heavenly hand had tossed thousands of diamonds across the water.  The contrast between the deep blue water and those bright sparkling diamonds was breathtaking!  I can still see that amazing sight clearly in my mind, and that is where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment