Friday, September 21, 2012

OBX Tags

Today is an odd one.  A couple months ago my car died unexpectedly on the side of the road, it was towed to a dealership, and after an incredibly long day, I came home with a new car.  I piled all the stuff from the old car into the new one, brought it home, and set it aside to go through "later" - meaning when I could deal with it.  One thing they asked me at the dealership was if I wanted to keep my old OBX tags, and my answer was a definite yes.  So when I went to Manteo to get real tags after the temporary ones expired, she gave me a sticker and said "There you go."  Huh?  I didn't have my old license plate so what good was the sticker doing me?  She asked, "Didn't the dealer give you your old tags?"  And my answer was no - at least that's what I thought.  So I got a different OBX tag and came home a little disheartened.  I had my old tag number memorized - this one was weird.  My old tag was the first one I got when I moved here, when I found out our DMV was in the back of a pharmacy, and it was just one number off from Jeff's.  I know it's silly to feel sentimental about something like that, but I did.  So last week when I was finally going through the old car stuff, lo and behold, there was my old license plate!  Woohoo!!  Today, Jeff and I drove down to Manteo and made the switch.  I was so excited to see him put the new plate on my car!!  He asked me if the car felt differently now, and somehow it did.  I was so happy driving home.  Silly?  Maybe.  But that's where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment